The $32 billion http://bayalumni.com/generalevents/ MTA Capital Program oversees the entire MTA network, which moves 8.7 million customers every day and makes the $1.4 trillion regional economy possible.
The MTA has invested more than $100 billion into its Capital Program since 1982.
The ISO 14001 program third party certification services provided by Veritatis under contract to UL, provides high level management systems guidance for all capital spending projects, driving the engine for New York’s resurgence.
The nation’s biggest subway system, its two largest commuter railroads, a vast infrastructure, and public facilities handle millions daily — demands constant management system engagement to support a big energy and environmental impact. MTA’s program efforts keep track and verify that they are working harder than ever to increase energy efficiency and reduce carbon footprint.
What Veritatis did:
- ISO 14001 Assessments
- ISO 50001 Training
- Rail Safety
- CAPEX Project Reviews
- LEED Project Reviews
The engagement of Veritatis Advisors extends over implementations of more than 100 projects including facilities energy efficiency and environmental permitting along the right-of-way.
Example Capital Projects:
- Energy conserving subway cars and buses.
- LEED-certified Mother Clara Hale bus depot incorporates sustainable elements, including a green roof, rainwater collection system, and other features to minimize impacts on the community.
- Metro-North Railroad M-8 cars with regenerative braking.
- Harmon Shop replacement project planning to feature reduced energy consumption, an insulated roof and natural lighting.
- Long Island Railroad just opened a state-of-the art, environmentally friendly train washing facility that reuses more than 70% of its wash water.
- Coney Island solar roof system.
- Bridges and tunnels switched to alternative fuels, installed LED lights on bridges, and started buying certified “green” cleaning agents — reducing greenhouse gas emissions by almost 20% since 2006.