ABB embeds ISO 50001 Methodologies in Building and Industrial Control Software Logic
In 2012, ABB sought advice from Veritatis to conceive an ISO 50001/IPMVP M&V logic framework into its world-class plant control platform, CPM Plus.
CPM Plus Energy Manager:
- Real time data and establishes baseline consumption
- M&V, production planning and scheduling tools
- Energy balance & management tools
This work earned several industry awards notably from Control Engineering.
What Veritatis did:
- Provide early stage strategic guidance
- Provide eLearning to ABB Teams
- Enable Third Party Certification, under contract by UL, to demonstrate conformance
A team of energy experts including Veritatis, pioneered the software logic technique embedding global standards such as ISO 50001 and DOE’s Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program elements into the decision logic of leading control software’s such as ABB and Yokogawa.
Recently interviewed at ENERNOC’s SmartEnergy Conference, Don noted, “Software is no different than management control SOP’s, directives, and policies. IT platforms accelerate and close the gap for more efficient energy management systems performance, giving greater confidence to executives that money is well spent, avoiding third party audit costs altogether.”
Energy efficiency – Doing more with less